Thursday, January 12, 2006

Culling the Herd is hard when your swings all miss.

It's so strange. It seems, that some days, no matter how hard I try, I can't accomplish anything. You can swing as many times as you like with that axe, but you just keep missing. I suppose I would have a greater chance of success firing upon them with my pistol (I seem to have a higher level of competence with it, for some reason), but I can't seem to find any ammunition today... I have heard others complaining of the same phenomenon, of expending all their energy in a futile search for, say, syringes or cellphones. And the sleep comes upon you so suddenly, oftentimes when you are in the midst of a battle, or need just a little more time to complete a task...

I suppose Lord Binky, in his infinite wisdom, must have some sort of plan for us all, that we are just not seeing...

tomorrow I will try to find some first-aid kits. Perhaps my attempts to kill are not enough: I must act selflessly and heal my fellow strugglers. Which is an act that is it's own reward, of course.

proverb of the day: "lo, for the sun did shine upon the tiny paws of the ferret lord, and the little child did laugh and praise them. And the ferret lord said, laugh, child, for yours is the music of the unformed mind"-- Book of Adorabill, 2:223

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home